usb pci card installing

Reaction score
I have a Mac G4 with tiger installed I put a 4 port Pluscom USB PCI adaptor into it and I cant work out how to put the drivers on that came on the disc to make it work.
I get a message that reads.
" There is no application specified to open the documents" when I click on all the files on the disc.
Can any one help me load these drivers on the computer please.
Bill Martin
Edinburgh

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Is there a model number on that card?

Also does it say it's compatible with OSX? I found what I think is your card but no mention of OSX anywhere. Just Windows Vista. Those drivers you are clicking on maybe for Windows.

This is all I can find on a PlusCom USB pci card. There is a url to a driver but many have had issues. If I find anything else I will get back to you.

5 Port USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Host PCI Adapter Card U5P-VT6212L : Pluscom U5P-VT6212L drives for mac G4

Also what are the specs on your Mac G4? Power Mac Tower? CPU Speed?

Which version of OSX?

OP
P
Reaction score
The installation disc has a folder for mac drivers and I asked before buying and was told that this was the one I wanted. The folder has these files.
Archive.BOM
Archive.PAX
INFO.plist
PKginfo
Postflight
Description.plist
VIAMACUSB_160.bom
VIAMACUSB_160.info
VIAMACUSB_160.pax
VIAMACUSB_160.sizes
I know how to install hardware into windows but this is puzzling me.
So any help would be great

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Common problem USB 2 PCI cards will not work in a Mac as the manufacturers often fob us off with the Windows dricvers saying it will work. If you look at the driver download:-

http://viaarena.com/driver/viamacusb_160_g4_p1.pkg.zip

You will notice they are a .zip file usually associated with PCs. Orange did have drivers which worked with some PCI cards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.