Secure Private Business Details

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am running a small business from home (using Snow Leopard) and would like clients to know all their information is secure with me. I was originally using MS Word (for mac) with a Password encryption but this is too slow to type in the pass EVERY time I open a document. Also I don't feel it is all that secure since it is a streamline program.

I also use 'AllSecure" but it takes too long to decrypt a folder everytime I just want to open a file.

Does anyone have a simple program that they use to secure text documents which will contain private details for clients?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alum. Mac book 13", MacBook Pro 15"
I thought there was someway to secure a folder on the Mac? I don't know how to do it but I recall reading something about it. Have you tried a Google search on it? May find something. Good luck and sorry I don't know more but wanted to mention that...

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks code54, it's nice to finally get a reply :)
I have googled about securing OS X folders and apparently to protect individual folders you have to use a third party application.
Otherwise there is really only using filevault to encrypt the whole home folder or turning the individual folder into a disk image (which would be a pain to open and close all the time!)

Thanks again! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.