PowerMac G4 (QuickSilver 2002) 2nd Display Issue

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a PowerMac G4 (933 Mhz, QuickSilver 2002 model). It came with an nVidia GeForce 4 MX graphics card in the AGP slot which has ADC and VGA ports. I have had an Apple 17" LCD attached to the ADC port on it for years, and recently I wanted to attach a second display (HP w2408) using DVI rather than VGA. After investigating various PCI graphics cards with a DVI connector I passed on them since they wouldn't support Quartz Extreme. Therefore, I decided to purchase basically the exact same nVidia GeForce 4 MX card which was already in my G4 except a version which had a ADC & DVI port on the card rather than the ADC and VGA ports that the existing card has.

Unfortunately, after installing the new card, only the display connected to the ADC port seems to be working. The card shows up in the Apple System Profiler properly, and it even list both displays attached. However the display attached to the DVI port will only list "No Input Signal" on screen. This is what Apple System Profiler shows:

NVIDIA GeForce4 MX:

Chipset Model: GeForce4 MX
Type: Display
Bus: AGP
Slot: SLOT-1
VRAM (Total): 32 MB
Vendor: nVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0172
Revision ID: 0x00a5
ROM Revision: 1121
Displays:
Apple Studio Display:
Display Type: LCD
Resolution: 1280 x 1024
Depth: 32-bit Color
Core Image: Not Supported
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Supported
HP w2408:
Resolution: 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
Depth: 32-bit Color
Core Image: Not Supported
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Supported

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why I might not be getting output to the second display attached via DVI? I've tried various resolutions & refresh rates via System Preferences, etc. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.