I wanted to hear from people who hadn't had a problem with Snow Leopard

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I just had a thread from Apple - Support - Discussions deleted cos it breached their terms and conditions.

A copy of your message for reference:

My MacBook must be a freak of nature. Snow Installed perfectly. Runs nicely.
No problems with printers or Time machine.
And I think I sorted out my Battery problem with it losing 1% every 3 days.

So if you have had no problems just post a thank you.

Bet I won't see many though.

If I get this right cos I wanted to hear from people who hadn't had a problem with Snow they got Toileted off.

Wow they don't want to hear about the good installs?

(I really wish people weren't having problems because the Apple OS is or was better than Windows)
I'll just keep laughing at all the problems Apple has created and wait for the next update due out in a week or 2 to fix all this crap.

OS 10.6.1 is sexy and smooth but Snow is to Leopard what Vista was to XP.

Nevyn68

Reaction score
Oooh. Need some ice? (Sorry, I couldn't really resist that).

That sucks. But is this what you posted as new, or is this like a response to a few answers you got from a question?

Reaction score
As a new thread.

I guess they don't want to hear about other consumers success in installing Snow Leopard. That's kind of dumb. Maybe it was an error on Apple's end?

OP
N
Reaction score
Recently you posted a poll on Apple Discussions. We are including a copy of your message at the end of this email for your reference. We understand the desire to share experiences in your topic "Put your hand up if your don't have a problem.", but because these posts are not allowed on our forums, we have removed your post.

Reaction score
Recently you posted a poll on Apple Discussions. We are including a copy of your message at the end of this email for your reference. We understand the desire to share experiences in your topic "Put your hand up if your don't have a problem.", but because these posts are not allowed on our forums, we have removed your post.

Well, that's what this forum is for! :p

OP
N
Reaction score
I'm now really confused. This thread was not about Snow leopard but the fact I got a thread tossed from Apple - Support - Discussions.
And this has been moved from Anything goes to here?
Admin please explain :)

And duplicating the original thread from Apple - Support - Discussions into Anything goes as well has gone or been moved.

So anything goes really means it goes somewhere else. You just have to wait for Admin to decide where.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Which one?
I havent had any problems since I installed SL on my MacBook or my iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
I haven't had any problems with Snow Kitty either..
Third party software is another matter and I'm still waiting for some updates.

Ref Apple discussions..Help and conditions of use.
Apple - Support - Discussions - Help

Which includes..
"Post constructive comments and questions. Unless otherwise noted, your Submission should either be a technical support question or a technical support answer. Constructive feedback about product features is welcome as well. If your Submission contains the phrase “I’m sorry for the rant, but…” you are likely in violation of this policy.
Do not post polls or petitions or links to same."
S.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have not had one issue with Snow Leopard. Older Apps that need updating to me are not OS issues.

No issues at all with Snow Leopard itself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Everything is fine with me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I'm trying (but not too hard) to work out what the intent of this thread is!
Snow leopard, just like leopard, and all the previous releases rock.
I have a couple of things every now and then, but I have the same with my house, my car, my health, the weather, friends, family, ..... the list goes on :)
More than anything, soooooooo happy I don't have a windows operating system! Those days of crashing, freezing, & computer techs with their bills are behind me :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
No issues here really, odd foibles with Safari but nothing major, and that's probably Safari anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.13ghz
So far I have had no issues with snow leopard, my macbook runs like a dream. Best thing I ever did switch from a PC (Laptop) to Mac.

A very very happy person.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I'm now really confused. This thread was not about Snow leopard but the fact I got a thread tossed from Apple - Support - Discussions.
And this has been moved from Anything goes to here?
Admin please explain :)

And duplicating the original thread from Apple - Support - Discussions into Anything goes as well has gone or been moved.

So anything goes really means it goes somewhere else. You just have to wait for Admin to decide where.

Mac-Forums is divided into multiple subforums for discussing different kinds of topics. The Anything Goes forum is basically an off-topic discussion forum. Want to talk about Baseball? It goes in Anything Goes. Want to talk politics? It goes in Anything Goes. Want to talk off-roading in a 4x4? It goes in Anything Goes.

Now, what about when the discussion is about an Operating System, more specifically OS X? Guess what? There's a forum just for that "OS X - Operating System". Exactly where this thread is now.

So, no - you don't need an admin decide where the thread goes. But if you posted it haphazardly, we will certainly move it.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Wow they don't want to hear about the good installs?
No they don't because that thread has no practical value, which is a requirement in the "Apple Discussions Use Agreement" (see section 2.3, emphasis added):
Post constructive comments and questions. Unless otherwise noted, your Submission should either be a technical support question or a technical support answer. Constructive feedback about product features is welcome as well. If your Submission contains the phrase “I’m sorry for the rant, but…” you are likely in violation of this policy.
You don't really have the right to complain if someone deletes your thread because you didn't follow the rules, regardless of your good natured intent.

Reaction score
And I think I sorted out my Battery problem with it losing 1% every 3 days.

I love SL, and I haven't had many problem on my MBP 4,1 but I am curious as to what your solution to the battery problem was as I'm still struglling with that one. I'm in the middle of my second calibration cycle in a row, and I've tried the SMC or whatever it was thing and PRAM, but it still shows the Service battery stuff that wasn't there under Leopard. The machine is just now 12 months old so I don't think the bat should be shot, but maybe I'm wrong.

I can't really think of any other major problems. I had to wait for an update to OnyX, but other than that I'm very pleased with SL.

OP
N
Reaction score
I'm trying (but not too hard) to work out what the intent of this thread is!

Originally it was 2 threads but the powers that are, joined them and moved them from "Anything Goes" to "Here".

1st thread was a rant about being kicked off Apple - Support - Discussions cos it breached their guidelines.
2nd was a repeat of the thread that got kicked

easy peasy but I can't understand why they were merged and moved by Admin. But (pause for affect) I'm not in charge. YET hehahahaha <- EVIL LAUGH

Ok so I posted in the wrong spot but merging them ?
Nevyn68

OP
N
Reaction score
I love SL, and I haven't had many problem on my MBP 4,1 but I am curious as to what your solution to the battery problem was as I'm still struglling with that one. I'm in the middle of my second calibration cycle in a row, and I've tried the SMC or whatever it was thing and PRAM, but it still shows the Service battery stuff that wasn't there under Leopard. The machine is just now 12 months old so I don't think the bat should be shot, but maybe I'm wrong.

I can't really think of any other major problems. I had to wait for an update to OnyX, but other than that I'm very pleased with SL.

I shut down. Disconnected everything. Removed the Battery. Waited a couple of minutes (really 4y0 screamed I'm on the toilet" came back put the battery back in booted and the battery charged back up to 99%. Still there right now but am waiting till tomorrow (Thursday morning ADST) for it to go to 98%. If it stays at 99% then I solved it. If not well I didn't.

I will let you all know if it worked.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.