You must restart your computer error message out of nowhere

Reaction score
Hey guys

this is my first post here...and i hate that it has to be on these terms. however, my mac mini today just out of no where popped up with an error message stating

"you must restart your computer...." and so on in several different languages. im not a total noob...so this shouldnt be racking my brain like this. ive read every website and forum relating to this subject, and nothing anyone has to say seems to help. i understand this is a kernel error

this message pops up quicker sometimes than others. sometimes it pops up at the blue screen just before my computer prompts me for my password. sometimes, it lets me log into my computer, then the error message will appear. and sometimes...it wont even make it to the blue screen, it just gives me a grey screen then the error message. ive tried booting in safe mode...and it lets me log in, loads my icons and my desktop, then as soon as i click a single click on the mouse, the message pops back up. ive read some people saying to try reinstalling osx, or to try loading the install disc and repairing some things. i cant get the computer to even seem to boot the disc when i put it in. im trying to avoid reinstalling osx...but if i have to reinstall osx, then i will.

i did NOT install anything, upgrade anything, change any system files, change any hardware or anything. i was just downloading a torrent, left my house for a bit, came back and the error message was there.

im a graphic designer with work that needs to be done...i can't have a broken computer haha. does anyone have any clue what to do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Considering, that all this has happened after downloading a torrent (which is a gamble), a clean install is the best option.

OP
G
Reaction score
can macs really get destroyed like this from a 720p mkv download? i try to get only quality torrents...demonoid...but since its been down, ive been getting a few 720p mkvs from btjunkie.org. just downloaded poltergeist in 720p...haha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
i thought most viruses were written for windows
They all are!
However, downloading torrents, can also download plugins, and other files, and even though they are not viruses, when you go to any of these sites, you can't trust that you are getting only what you ask for, as all you can rely on, is the information that you are given.

This is the risk one takes when hitting that download button.... even with Apple software updates, or other software downloads, it is always advisable to go to the developers site directly!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.