iMac Mini speaker...

pod

Reaction score
...what is the sound quality/power output like on the Mac Mini's tiny speaker? Is it 'at least' as good as my G3 Graphite iMacs built in speakers? Can I use/fit a pair of the round, clear speakers (G4 snowball iMac stylee) with the Mac Mini? Thanks.

Reaction score
You can barely hear the Mac Mini's internal speakers except for when it is used for the start-up sound. I wouldn't plan on using it. If you want to use a pair of the Apple Pro Speakers(the clear round ones sold by Apple), you have to use an adapter from www.griffintechnology.com called iFire. You would probably be better of buying a new set of speakers since Apple doesn't sell them anymore and that adapter is $40. I am looking into getting some of the JBL creature speakers for my Mac Mini, Apple sells them for $100 but newegg.com has them for $74.

O

OSXMacMiniJacob

yup when I turn on comp it's F'in loud but when you play music it's like a whisper.... get speakers! i have these nice ones... they are like 10 years old and still kick *** .... W2A2V0E (WAVE 220)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2 x 3Ghz Dual Core Nvidia 8800, 7 gigs ram Macbook pro 2011 Intel i7 triple boots Ubuntu/Win7
I have some Klipsch THX certified speakers I got at best buy for $149........and all I can say is WOW. its a small investment considering what we all spend on HDD's and monitors etc...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
Forget about using the Mini's built in speakers to play music.

I bought some nice General Electric Speakers at target. The look so cool!

K

kabwon

jissis, you guys only pay $100 for the JBL creature 2 speakers?? that is sooo cheap, here it retails for about R1125-00 which = $225
lucky *******s! you get everything so cheap up there.
The apple distributor in SA rip the consumers off big time. i pad R11000 for my imac combo 1.6
that's $2200 !!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.