Mapping network drive on a Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67GHz 15.2" Superdrive 1.5GB RAM
Hi all,
I have a couple of shared drives which I need access to but not all the time so I was just wondering if it's possible to create a shortcut of some sort for me to access the drives I want instead of searching for them through the network all the time and then entering my username and password for it?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
Networking

it depends if you have OS 9 or X.

If you have 9, go to the cooser and click on apple share. Select the file sever from the list. It will appear on your mac's desktop.

For os X. Go to system prefs. and click on network. Your shared drives should show up.

To keep them on your computers all the time, select re-apear on next startup....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
when you find the drive in the Network directory, hold command+option, then drag the drive you want to the place you want the alias.. when you connect, make sure to choose the option to add user/pass to keychain access.. then all you'll have to do when you need to access the drives is double click the alias

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.