Safari 1.3 Released as part of 10.3.9

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Seems Apple has quietly released Safari 1.3 as part of the 10.3.9 update. This is a great upgrade for any regular user of Safari. Not only do secure sites load a ton faster but it also includes a new Javascript framework which make JS about 100 times faster than older versions of Safari.

M

meltbanana314

Wow, I didn't even notice it was a new version.

Still, I can't wait for the RSS-enabled Safari in Tiger.

Reaction score
That would possibly explain why that update messed up Safari until I repaired permissions. I still think Camino is faster.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I have had 1.3 for a while now, it is faster than it was.

Z

zap2

will tiger remmber all my book marks and things i look up on like google and my passwords on the internet,will i have to downlaod tiger agian ,ot my music and word files save??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
if you do an archive and install, it leaves EVERYTHING alone. caches, files, settings, all of it. it will only change things in settings that need to be changed to accommodate new features.
and I hope you aren't talking about any illegal activity. :rolleyes:

J

JSchultz

Can I download Safari 1.3 by itself? Not that I'n thinking it will run MUCH faster on my fossil! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
No I think you need to do a complete update. So far I have heard several reports of Safari's javascript not working with gmail, and maps.google.com and so forth.. and some problems with java.. it doesnt sound like everyone is having the problems.. but quite a few.

Z

zap2

Macman said:
if you do an archive and install, it leaves EVERYTHING alone. caches, files, settings, all of it. it will only change things in settings that need to be changed to accommodate new features.
and I hope you aren't talking about any illegal activity. :rolleyes:
nope it all legal

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, I've had no problems with it but I know others who have. Seems the main culprit in some cases are internet plugins that might be installed that aren't compatible with Safari 1.3. So check there first.

If that doesn't work, try reinstalling the combo update.

H

HST_Gonzo

I've always liked Safari, but the only gripe I've had with it, is that it doesn't display WYSIWYG in the edit boxes on forums like these, that are equipped with that feature, for that I have used everything from Firefox to Camino and Even Netscape, all have that feature but aren't as 'asthetically pleasing' as Safari's interface is. Other than that it's a great tool, but I'm silenty hoping the new version of Safari in tiger - along with RSS which is a great bonus - supports the WYSIWYG interface in places like this.

Reaction score
I just updated to 10.3.9, but Safari v1.3 did not install. When I launch Safari, it still says 1.2.2 (v125.8). I checked, and the "About this Mac" window definitely says 10.3.9. Is there a way to download the latest Safari?

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I would try downloading and running the combo updater to see if that fixes it. There is no way to download Safari 1.3 on its own.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.