lcd screen discolored slightly from pressure

Reaction score
I think i might have dead pixels on my aluminum macbook, but i'm not sure what it is :( . Its more of a lighter color than the rest of screen and looks like a giant line across the middle of the screen that is probably 2 inches long with two other lines coming off the bottom of it that are both about an inch long but very thin, and shows up on a black background the best but it very faint. It drives me crazy though! And i think it had to do with pressure, because it happened shortly after i let someone use my macbook and they shut by putting their thumb on the screen and fingers on the outside. Is there any way to fix it?

Reaction score
When did you buy it, and was it new, is it still in it's warranty period?
Input! Input!;D

OP
K
Reaction score
i bought it in december 2008 new, straight off apple.com and it was shipped to my house. i dont know anything about the warranty because it was a gift, but i know if there was any optional longer warranty, it wasn't purchased.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Get it in quick to your Apple store as it is still under warranty.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.