Iphone upgrade

Reaction score
Have anew I phone 3gs and upgraded th system in i tunes when it restarted it would not support the phone card I was using I have tried Turning it off and restarting etc
so i reinstalled the old system with itunes now It wont stardt and only energency call can be made. shop said that Its my fault by down loading the new system and the phone is dead and i will I have to buy a new one.
any help would be good help

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You haven't provided any real information for us to begin to help..

Let's start with the basics, what version of the iPhone OS was running and what version did you upgrade to? What carrier are you on?

Did you get the SIM card from the shop you bought it from, and what shop? An iPhone OS upgrade should NEVER do this and if so, there has to be a way around it, you do not need to buy a new phone just for upgrading.. iPhone users (including me) do it all the time..

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'black'Macbook 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB Hdd, Mac OS X 10.6.1 8GB Iphone 3g
Maybe

The phone might of been jail-broken to allow him to use a sim card which the phone normally doesn't allow and the updating to the latest Firmware would of updated the baseband. So the phone will now only accept the original carrier sim cards.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
That's entirely possible..but without getting all the info, we're just guessing..:)

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro 2019, apple watch 5, iphone 11 pro max, ipad pro 12.9 inch 2nd gen. air pods, numerous
Well the same thing has happened to me today. I just upgraded my iPhone today and now can't connect to iTunes, can't sync, can't restore (which is what the guy in the Apple shop advised). I get a message saying "the sim card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported". I have had the same sim card since i bought the phone new. It's a 16GB with version 3.1.2 (7D11) installed. I also upgraded iTunes at the same time. The phone is working perfectly except that I can't connect to iTunes. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro 2019, apple watch 5, iphone 11 pro max, ipad pro 12.9 inch 2nd gen. air pods, numerous
Just to let everybody know, and reassure them that the problem for me wasn't with the iPhone upgrade, I bought and installed a new sim card today and everything's fine, iTunes recognises it, I can sync again. Happiness!
Hope you resolve your problem eddie!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.