Facing problem with entourage 2008

Reaction score
Dear all,
I have configured hotmail in entourage 2008 for mac. so its often happen that it start downloading the e-mails from the scratch without reconfiguring the e-mail.
I have 11000 e-mails in my hotmail account so one can imagine how hectic it could be for any one if these e-mails starts downloading automatically from the scratch again even though i have these e-mails stored in my entourage. how could i stop this.

If kindly help me in resolving this issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hi there Haider .... Welcome to Mac Forums ...

I did have this problem a while ago with entourage 2004 and for the life of me couldnt find a answer. I let entourage down load all my emails from my Live acc. More searching now i found that if you make a custom folder in your web hotmail acc, say "Family" just for arguments sake and not in your entourage acc they shouldnt download.

As for why they all download, all i can come up with is that this is the default for pop3 accounts .....
Hope this is useful to you.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.