iPhone 3gs makes siren noise?

Reaction score
So I've had my 3GS since July and so far I absolutely love it. I will never go back to a regular phone. Anyway everything's been fine and dandy until the past month or so it will randomly vibrate and make a siren noise. No error messages or anything like that. I've searched on google and on these forums and can't find anything about it. Anyone have a clue as to what could be causing this? Maybe low memory?

Reaction score
Siren noise? It doesn't have anything to do with plugging it in? (That sounds sort of like a siren). Can you possibly record the sound and post it here?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15-inch: 2.66GHz
I'm kinda clueless on this one too, but just for kicks go into the clock application and make sure that no one set a re-occurring alarm on you.

OP
R
Reaction score
I just checked the alarm app and everythings off. Some days it acts up more than others. Lately its been alright (5 times a day) but the day I made the thread it would do it almost every 5 or 10 minutes. I want to make a video of it but its hard to catch it since its so random. Its not a long siren noise it feels like I'm getting a text message when it happens. Its a short vibrate then a WOO-WOO-WOO. And thats it. I'm going to take it to the Apple store if it doesn't settle down.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
If it's vibrating and making the noise I would guess it's telling you something. Go into settings / sounds and see what you have turned on. Turn it all off for a day and see what happens. It almost sound like it's a new mail alert. Are you fetching mail or doing it manualy? Also is your phone set to ring/vib when on. ?

OP
R
Reaction score
My phone fetches mail, I checked the settings and everything looks right. I can't just record whats going on with it because some days I'll catch it doing it twice, some days it will do it 10 times other days it will do it 50 times. Its calmed down a lot since I've made this thread.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Try to restore the phone. Don't restore from the backup.

Reaction score
Siren noise

Reallyclean325,

I have had my iPhone 3GS since March of 2010. I absolutely love my phone as well and will never go back. This afternoon I was on my desktop and my phone was sitting on my computer desk. All of a sudden I hear this siren noise.. It was very loud and almost piercing to the ear. I picked my phone up and sure enough it was my iPhone 3GS. It went on for about 30 seconds and then stopped. There was no vibrating, error messages or anything. It hasn't done it again, so I'm not too worried about it. I called Apple and they said they haven't had any customers complaining about the issue. I'm not really sure what the deal is?? :|

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.