Mac Mini Video Signal Issues

Reaction score
Hello:

So here's the story I had a mac mini (2006) connected to my plasma TV, i used the standard adapter supplied with the mini and simply bought an extension to connect it to the RGB (input) on the plasma, it worked perfectly from day one.

Here's the rub, my 80GB HD in the mini failed, so I replaced it with a 500GB, 7200 Seagate, everything went perfectly (according to the tech guy that installed it and then re-installed the OS-Leopard FYI)however now when I connect the MAC MINI to the plasma there's a BLACK SCREEN with some sign that there is a signal coming from the mini...... there's some squiggly lines and the desktop is barely viewable then goes black and comes in and out. I have tried 3 monitors and the same thing happens.

Does anyone know what happened???

Could it be as simple as the little white adaptor that comes with the MINI??

Please help......thanks

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Have you visited System Preferences - Displays -
does your Mac recognize there is an external attached?
if not, have you tried the Detect Displays button?
what about adjusting the resolution for the TV?

Next thing is to try a different cable and adapter to rule those out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.