Drivers for Canon PIXMA MX860

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro Notebook
All,

I have looked high and low for drivers for the subject printer to no avail. I'm running Snow Leopard on a MacBook Pro. Any help will be great.

Thanks,
Ron Scott

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
What... you mean you didn't BING it?

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro Notebook
Thank you for your help, however the proper driver was not there. I did spend a little more time and eventually found it on the Canon website.

Cheers,
Ron Scott

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thank you for your help, however the proper driver was not there. I did spend a little more time and eventually found it on the Canon website.

Now whoever would have thought you could find Canon drivers on the Canon website? :) Just pulling your leg partner.... That's the first place to look.

BTW, Canon has been real good about supporting the Mac platform. They had updated drivers for Snow Leopard in less than a week after it was released.

Regards.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro Notebook
Drivers for this particular printer were not in the "normal" place. Downloaded the driver and had to bypass driver install on CD to load utilities. Printer came up like a dream. Very intuitive and works well in a wireless network.

Ron Scott

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.