Citrix connectivity

Reaction score
Hello,
I need some help. I recently bought a macbook (with Snow Leopard installed) and am using Safari as web brower. I need to connect to our Citrix at work. I've downloaded and followed the Citrix manual for the Mac client but still can't connect.

The approach I used was using our secure gateway to access the published applicaitons. The Java client fires and then stops with error stating the certificate "is not suitable for SSL connections - unsuitable Netscape usage extension field".

I am at my wits end. I am thinking of downloading IE for Mac to see if I have more luck using IE. But before I go down this path, I want to see if there is any solutions out there.

Thanks in Advance!!!

P.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Even though you installed the local Citrix client, you've got your Web portal set to use the Java client. That's ordinarily OK, but it sounds like there's some kind of SSL certificate error with the Java client.

First, check to make sure your date, time, year and time zone are set correctly. If so, go out to: https://getca.verisign.net

Follow the instructions to manually update your certificates.

If that doesn't do the trick, you might need to tell your Web portal to use the Local client instead. In your web portal, click the button at the top right of the applications list (icon that looks like a page with two red check marks). Click Client Options and choose "Local Client" instead of Java client. Then, click the blue button at the upper right corner, which should bring you back to the applications list.

It should work at that point. If not, check with your IT folks. Oh, and IE is absolutely not necessary for using the Citrix web portal. It's just a plain and simple HTML page with no browser preference.

fov

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.8 15" & Sony Vaio running Ubuntu 9.04
The CAG is probably using an SSL cert which isnt on your Mac. You need to download the cert and install it on your Mac.

OP
P
Reaction score
Reply to cwa107. I did the first option - nada. As to the 2nd option, can you give me step by step instruction. I am not following. Also, the web portal doesn't give me the applications list.

Reply to fov - what's CAG? Could you provide the link for me to download the cert.
Thanks.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I can't really give you a step-by-step, because every implementation of the CAG (Citrix Access Gateway) is a little different.

I'm afraid you're going to have to talk to your IT folks. I'm sure they get the same question all the time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.