Macbook white ram issue...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 Macbook White - 4gb - 250gb. PC - Dell Studio XPS - Intel i7, 6gb, 500gb
Hello hello!

Yesterday i made the switch and brought my first macbook white. I installed snow leopard on it and all was well.
Ive got a few apps installed on it and today while checking the activity monitor i noticed it said i only had 250mb ram left. Thats almost 4gb used and all i had open was adium and ical. I checked the activity monitor again and looked at what was running and there was barley anything - and adium was only using like 45mb as was ical.

Does anyone know where the **** this 3.7gb has gone? Ive tried rebooting but the same thing just happens after like half an hour... And as you can guess, its slowing everything down.

Specs - 2009 Macbook white. 2.13ghz duel core - 4gb ram - 250gb hdd.

Thank you in advance!

Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2005 G4 Mini & 2014 Mini & 2020 M1 Mini
Go to about this mac top left apple. Does it state the proper ram. When using activity monitor are you checking all ( not my) processes. If not change it. Also, what are your inactive processes and wired showing. Remember your computer will use the ram it has to be efficient. We need know the above info first.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.