Ipod and external HDD with Mac and PC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro
Hello all,
First time i have used this forum so forgive me if i post this in the wrong place.
I have recently bought a new macbook pro and have started to use my itunes library stored on an external HDD. Previously i used this external HDD on a Vista laptop.
Since syncing my ipod with my macbook pro all seemed well. That was until i checked the Itunes library folders on my Vista laptop. When i go into a particular album i cannot see the individual tracks. I have checked the size of my folder and it shows 30gb but each individual album folder shows as empty.
When i connect the HDD to my pro again i cannot see all of the tracks but they play through itunes.

Does anyone have any idea how this has happened and what i can do to be able to see my tracks on both Vista laptop and Mac.

Thanks
Ian

P.S: Oh i am thinking of buying a time capsule an then sharing my itunes library between both laptops via itunes home share. Would this work?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.