Colours gone "negative"

Reaction score
Hey there,

yeah I know, keep kids away from computers... don't I know! Unfortunately, my friends' two-year-old managed to sneak up to my (running) MacBook behind our backs. We caught him banging away at the keyboard, ouch.

After dragging him away, I saw that apparently no damage had been done - apart from the fact that the colours on my screen seem to have reversed, like looking at the negative of a photograph (those of you who remember negatives, and "real" photos ;-)).

I tried:
- The option "Calibrate" in System Preferences/Displays/Colour.
- ColorSync "Display", repair - brought up the message "no problems detected" or similar.

Argh! Any way to change it back to normal? I've shut down, restarted, updated software, coaxed and cried (well, so I didn't cry perhaps ;-)). I thought it might be an issue with the hardware, but it's not because when I start up the MacBook, for a split-second my desktop background shows up correctly, until it switches back to the "negative" form.

Anyone?

Desperate,
Regina

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 Inch MacBook Pro. 2.4 GHz. 2GB RAM. 250GB Hardrive.
Try Control+Option+Command+8.

OP
R
Reaction score
Try Control+Option+Command+8.

Thanks! I'm really really sorry, please bear with me, I'm neither a technical person nor is English my first language. What's Option and Command? I think Option is the apple key, right? And Command?

Sorry again :-S

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 Inch MacBook Pro. 2.4 GHz. 2GB RAM. 250GB Hardrive.
Just hold down the 3 keys directly to the left of you space bar. While doing this, press 8.

OP
R
Reaction score
It worked! Thank you soooo much, you're a genius!!

HOW the little beggar found those keys, I'll never know. Next time they come to visit, I'll put him in chains ;-)

Thanks again,
Regina

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.