Broken screen on a MBP

Reaction score
Ok so I am in a bit of a pickle... I have a 2.2GHz MBP. Well over the past month the screen has been acting up. I took it to Apple and they quoted me around 800 to fix it. Apple Care ended. So we, me and my wife, decided to get a new computer. We were trying to wait until after Christmas unfortunately, the screen completely stopped working last night. The computer runs normal. Is there a way to access that computer with another computer? I am ordering a new MBP today, but we have an iMac, and I am wondering if I can get some stuff off the HDD from the broken computer. I remember you could use FireWire to FireWire. Is that still the case, and if so can I do this withou being able to use one of the computers?

Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 inch nvidia 6gb ram, 13 in MacBook pro 320gb 4 gb ram, iPad 16 gb 3G, iPhone 4 Verizon 16g
If it is not a graphics card issue, you could definitely connect an external monitor. Oh, but I don't know about the file transfers without using the broken computer.

OP
C
Reaction score
If it is not a graphics card issue, you could definitely connect an external monitor. Oh, but I don't know about the file transfers without using the broken computer.

I tried connecting it via a DVI to VGA chord on an aged HP monitor, but the monitor wouldn't recognize the computer. If anything I can take the HDD out and make it into an external drive to get what I need. I would rather not, but if I have to then so be it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.