Yahoo email problem on both Safari and Firefox

Reaction score
I recently downloaded Yahoo mailer per this forum suggestion and I wonder if that could possibly be causing my problems?

I've been trying to use Safari but not thrilled with it. Yesterday I tried to download a pdf from Ticketmaster to print some theater tickets and I got this warning:
Suspected Phishing site. But it was not just a warning - there was no way it would let me access the doc - I had to send it to my hubby to print. Then just now I received a pdf from a work associate and same thing is happening. How do I clear this?

So, then I tried to download and use Firefox (which I have liked in the past)
and when I try to access my yahoo mail I keep getting a "sorry bad request" window.

Any ideas before I throw this new macbook pro out the window!!!??? - you will be my heroes!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Dont throw it out the window - probably a PEBKAC issue. Preview - in your Applications folder handles .pdf effortlessly and prints with ease. Download pdfs and open in Preview - and 'Save As' if you need to keep them and find them later. Not sure Yahoo mailer would help as it is probably not Snow Leopard 10.6 compatible and not sure why you would need it. Set up Mail to down load your Yahoo mail and make life simpler as you can deal with emails without being on line if need be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
See my post in your last thread.... and try that.
but first, to see if this resolves your current issues, use an uninstaller like AppCleaner AppCleaner to completely uninstall yahoo mailer, and all its related files and plugins.

OP
A
Reaction score
Yahoo Mailer and Mac Mail may be my problem

I am assuming the Yahoo Mailer caused my problem because I can download pdfs just fine on my old computer using Yahoo mail and Firefox.
Unfortunately I already trashed Yahoo mailer before I saw the post about Appcleaner. I also checked Mac Mail and it shows the Default email reader to be Mac Mail so no reference to Yahoo. I prefer not to use Mac Mail and just use Yahoo mail and keep my mail on their server. But I am wondering if there is still something weird going on between MacMail and Yahoo mail.

OP
A
Reaction score
disabled my Mac Mail - still a problem

Okay, so I just disabled my Mac Mail and the problem is still there on
my Yahoo mail. I am going to see if there is any way I can talk to
At&T Yahoo right now. ughhhh what a time waster.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I am assuming the Yahoo Mailer caused my problem because I can download pdfs just fine on my old computer using Yahoo mail and Firefox.
Unfortunately I already trashed Yahoo mailer before I saw the post about Appcleaner. I also checked Mac Mail and it shows the Default email reader to be Mac Mail so no reference to Yahoo. I prefer not to use Mac Mail and just use Yahoo mail and keep my mail on their server. But I am wondering if there is still something weird going on between MacMail and Yahoo mail.

To make sure that it is completely removed, you can reinstall it, then use AppCleaner to remove it.
What you can also do with Mac Mail, is sync it with your Yahoo Mail, so that any mail you receive gets sent to your yahoo account (which is how I have mine set up).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
To add, the way I have my mail forwarding from my Mac Mail to my yahoo...
My Mac Mail is set up with a gmail account, and when I log in to my gmail account from my brower, I go to settings>forwarding and pop/imap>put in my yahoo account, etc
hope this helps

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.