Onyx Password Refusal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro OS X 10.4.11 2.2GHz Intel Core2 Duo 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Each time I activate OnyX it requires me to run Disk Utility and Repair Permissions before it accepts my Password. How can I correct this? I am using it on my Mac Book Pro with OS X 10.4.11.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You're probably using the wrong version of OnyX. Make sure you're using the correct version for Tiger.

Check here. You should be using version 1.8.5 which is for Tiger.

Regards.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OnyX Password Refusal

Thanks for your quick reply. I have been using 1.8.5 all along with my current password which always worked until recently. After I run Repair Permissions this password works until I open OnyX again. The error message is "You are Using an Invalid Password" which becomes valid again after running Repair Permissions. I have tried using the OnyX Help Site, but have only been able to locate the French version.

Any other suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Something has become corrupted. Trash Onyx and if you are using AppTrap or AppDelete so much the better. Go to Titanium's web site and download a nice clean version, from here:-

Titanium Software

Keep us posted if this improves things. Have to say never have been asked to run Disk Utility nor supply password running Onyx.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OnyX Password Refusal

I have un and reinstalled OnyX. It still asks for my password on launch. I will let you know if it continues to accept the password without requiring Disk Permissions repair each time.

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.