iTunes and ringtones

Reaction score
I am trying to create ringtones using my i-tunes. I understand that I can only use certain songs that allow for them to be made into ringtones. I used the help button and it said that these songs should have a bell next to them when I am looking to purchase. I have searched several different songs, even songs that I know people have as their ringtones and there are not any bell symbols anywhere. I don't want to download any more songs that I cannot turn into ringtones. I want to know before I purchase them. Anyone know what I'm talking about and what to do? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
I have not purchased any ringtones from iTunes and make my own. From what I understand you do not purchase a song and make it a ringtone but purchase the ringtone itself even if you already bought the song.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Aluminum unibody MBP, Intel core duo 2.4GHz proc, 4MB DDR3 RAM,
If you have Garageband, you can just make your ringtones that way. It's easy and free.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Garage band is so much easier to use then the above post. Check out this link to see just how easy it is :

Lifehacker Post Detail

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
To be fair both methods will work for you and which is easier is dependent on who is using it. Good luck and have fun. It's cool to customize your iPhone experience.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.