Two 24" Running Simultaneously

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 3GS 32gb,
Here it goes, this could be a super stupid question or it could be awesome!

I am getting Two 24" 2.83ghz process from my parents. I was thinking can i run these two simultaneously side my side or will it have be be run two separate computers.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
RJ

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Here it goes, this could be a super stupid question or it could be awesome!

I am getting Two 24" 2.83ghz process from my parents. I was thinking can i run these two simultaneously side my side or will it have be be run two separate computers.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
RJ
What exactly are you asking?
Are you getting two iMacs or two processors?

If you're asking if you can use two processors on one iMac, then the answer is no.
If you're asking if you can somehow connect the two iMacs together to share the processor power then again, the answer is no.

Either way, the way your post is written it is difficult to tell exactly what you are asking.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Very generous parents! :) I "think" you're referring to having both machines side by side as in extended desktop mode? If so, the answer is no. You can of course attach an external monitor to an iMac and run it that way but not both machines hooked together to extend one or the other.

Two iMac machines can also be hooked together in Target Mode fashion, (Firewire to Firewire) networked, or to copy data back and forth using Firewire or USB.

Regards.

OP
RawTimePhotos
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 3GS 32gb,
Yeah thanks chscag.

I was asking can you run two processors together? but that answer is no

So basically all you can do with two iMac's is run them side by side and share information via ethernet, usb, or firewire? thats pretty sick still.

Anyone have any information to how about doing this?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.