Problem installing software

Reaction score
I have only had my iMAC 24" a couple months. Bought it from Best Buy. My first MAC. I just bought Photoshop Elements 6 and tried to install it. Inserted the disk, it growled, hummed a bit, then spit it back out. It did this three times. What have I done, bought a lemon?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Have you tried inserting any other discs? It's possible that something is wrong with this disc.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks...

...for your reply. Yes, I tried another disk right after I sent my message and it worked fine. I think you're right. I am hoping that Best Buy can replace it with a good one and that's all I need to do. Thanks again for your help.

Reaction score
This happened to me with Office which I purchased withe my new IMAC Tech support asked me to do what the other poster recommended and then advised me to bring it back to the store

I brought it back to the apple store and they replaced it. Have them open it and try it in a store machine before you go home to make sure the new one works.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have only had my iMAC 24" a couple months. Bought it from Best Buy. My first MAC. I just bought Photoshop Elements 6 and tried to install it. Inserted the disk, it growled, hummed a bit, then spit it back out. It did this three times. What have I done, bought a lemon?

I'm surprised Best Buy had a copy of Photoshop Elements 6 in stock as that's an old version. Photoshop Elements 8 is the latest and can be purchased from Amazon and several other on line stores for around $89.00. Anyway, you may have gotten a bad or dirty disk. Ask Best Buy to give you a new one and have them try it in the store.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 266ghz, 4gig, 320gigHD, MacBook, 2.4ghz,250gigHD,4gigRam
Did you pickup the windows version by mistake????

OP
B
Reaction score
Oh Well

The good news is I picked up another copy from Best Buy and it installed beautifully. The bad news is that I wasn't aware (until I read the post here) that a later version was available (#8). Just my luck. I swear I read somewhere that #6 was the latest, but that was a couple weeks ago. I guess Best Buy isn't obligated to tell you you are buying an old version. Live and learn, huh. Thanks for all your help guys. This forum and all who subscribe are my new best friends.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.