iMac g5 mouse/keyboard problem

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2 year old iMac g5. Today, I booted it up and got to the screen where you choose whether to you want to choose to boot up with Mac or Windows. My mouse was working fine and I chose Mac. Right after choosing the mac icon, my mouse turned off and immediately stopped working. It got to the desktop and I couldn't use my keyboard or my mouse. It tried the obvious things to do in this type of situation. I unplugged, replugged, restarted, and etc. I have a wireless mac mouse and that one didn't work either. I tried switching UBS slots and that didn't work either. I'll try to give the most information I possibly can because I'll be leaving for about an hour and will come back to respond to any comments. It's a 2 year old iMac that I've used avidly. It has several dead pixilated lines running down the screen and has had a few problems in the past. Today was the first time I've had this problem. I have the g5 with the slots on the back bottom part of the computer rather than the side, I don't know whether that will help. I have a microsoft mouse that has a usb plug-in and a dell keyboard. That's about it for now. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
I can tell you one thing, you do not have an iMac G5. The iMac G5 was the old PowerPC model, discontinued a couple years before your computer was made. If it was a G5, you wouldn't even be able to run Windows on it.

As for the keyboard and mouse problem, does this problem only exist in Windows, or on the Mac side as well? Are they wireless?

OP
F
Reaction score
Actually, this only happens on my mac partion. My windows partion works fine for my keyboard and mouse. When I get to the screen where I choose whether to boot mac or windows everything is still fine. Right after clucking the mac partion, my keyboard and mouse immediately become inutile. My mac partion is the only one having problems.

I've also noticed that one the same day this happened, I completely lost sound. When my mac starts up, it does make the usual sound. Also, there is no sound on my windows partion, this could be because I hav yet to instal drivers from the snow leopard cd, I just installed windows without using the snow leopard disk.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.