Changing Admin account

Reaction score
Hi All,
I've recently decided that it would be better if my family didn't always use the Admin account on our mac. It's a 12" Powerbook with OS X 10.4.11. It would be safer to have them on a User account, and have me run the admin side.

The only problem is that all our stuff is on the Admin account. I just created a User account for daily use, but it's completely bare. Is there a way to just make that one the Admin account, and the one that we have all our music, pictures and Internet configs (the current admin account) into the new User account?

If any of you have any ideas, I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks a lot for the help!
-Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
OP
M
Reaction score
I figured out a pretty good way to do this. I didn't end up switching which account was the admin account, but I moved all the files.
Once you establish the user account, go into the harddrive and look at users. From there, you can drag all the info from the admin side to the new user account.
Now, people can still have access to the music, pics, internet configs, but not be on the admin account.
-Mike

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.