15 Mac Book Pro stolen

Reaction score
may some one tell me if, there is a way to find my stolen mac book pro, or if is any way to get back the data thru remote or something like it, thanks so much, i have the serial number also. thanks again for the help

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
thanks for the information, can some body else give me any other idea how to find it?

There's really not much else that can be done. You could watch your local Craig's List to see if someone posts a laptop just like yours...but there's no guarantee it's the same one.

Did they get your power adapter as well? If someone was selling a laptop just like yours without a power adapter...that could be a clue that it could be yours.

Since you have the serial number...you could meet with the seller, and compare the serial number on the laptop they're selling. Of course you would want to do this very "diplomatically" in case it is the wrong computer...or if the person that your meeting with actually is the person who stole it...who knows what they might do.

Of course meet them in a public place for safety reasons.

This is the only thing I can suggest. If this person decides to sell it on e-Bay or if they decide to keep it for themselves...then there's not much else you can really do.

Sorry this happened,:(

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Check the pawn shops in your area.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
thanks for the information, can some body else give me any other idea how to find it?

Once a notebook computer is stolen, there's not much of a chance of it being recovered - unfortunately. Report the theft (if you haven't already) to Apple and of course your local police department. Give Apple your serial number as they keep a list of stolen machines in case the thief decides to have it repaired at an Apple store. Also report the theft to your insurance company.

Regards.

T

todd51

Sorry to hear about this. Like everyone said, there's not a likely chance you will get it back. If you do decide to get another laptop, you can install Lojack for Laptops. I have it installed for my MBP just in case it ever gets stolen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13" | 250 GB ATA Drive | 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 | OS X 10.6.1
dude, that sucks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5
Not much you can do unfortunately. If you have MobileMe subscription, you may be able to find the perp using Back to My Mac screen sharing. :)

How exactly do you use Back to My Mac service? I have a MobileMe subscription but can't find the section on the me.com site.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.