Windows 7 and MBP, Does everything work? Two-finger scrolling? Camera?

Reaction score
I figure if it works in Vista then it probably works in Windows 7 but I am thinking about ordering an MBP and I just wanted to verify.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP UNI C2D 2.53 4gb
yeah it all works. some better than others, but it will only get better with bootcamp updates

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks, i was just thinking back to when boot camp first came out and lots of stuff didn't work, so I was a bit worried.

Reaction score
The trackpad works in Win7, but is extremely touchy and I find it a bit too difficult to use. I'm still waiting for the time I accidentally delete or move something without knowing it.

Reaction score
Disclaimer: I have not installed the Bootcamp drivers from a OS X boot disc (I don't have one on me)

The sound does not work, I have tried the Realtek drivers, but still no sound. My trackpad is functional but not to the same extent as in OS X. There is no 2 finger scrolling, no pinch zoom, no 2 finger click for right click. I have to hold option and click for a right click.

Windows 7 Aero is also not working on my device. I'm taking my Mac to work today to have them install the bootcamp drivers off an OS X disc to see if this clears it all up (it should).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If you haven't installed the drivers yet, then none of what you mentioned are actual concerns (or more practically, we can't discern which ones are actual problems and which ones are the result of not having installed the drivers). It's a bit disingenuous to post something like that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
With the drivers out right now Windows 7 beta runs well, but not perfect.

The trackpad's scroll is way to fast, the functionality of the button (two finger click & such) gets messed up for me.

The sound seems to be lower than on my MBP.

Other than that, it runs pretty well.

Since Windows 7 was officially released today, I expect to see more drivers coming out. =D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.