• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

It's all my Dad's fault!

S

sonofapplepm

It all started back in June of last year. My dad who works for Apple sent me a G3 900mhz 14" iBook to use. At the time i did not have a computer of my own. He wanted me to be able to email and i.m. him since he was traveling alot. My family loved it so much that we decided to by a clamshell iBook. Then kids got involved and were cutting into my computer time. I decided it was time that we all had our own computers, so i recently bought a 17" 1.33ghz Powerbook and a 15" imac G4 800mhz. The Powerbook will be mine. I say this because the new installments are due to arrive today. I can't believe how addicting these Macs are. Macs RULE!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
See what happens when you just touch one. My precious, my precious. :p

OP
S

sonofapplepm

Thanks for the encouragement, I guess I forgot the other important thing to be thankful for! MAC-FORUMS and it's users. Great info guys keep up the good work!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
dads are great arent they?

OP
S

sonofapplepm

I have been asking him to send me a PB. He never did, so I guess the answer to your question would be no also. LOL ... I can't fault you for asking though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5
sonofapplepm said:
I have been asking him to send me a PB. He never did, so I guess the answer to your question would be no also. LOL ... I can't fault you for asking though.

Whats his sn?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
sonofapplepm said:

Your probably not gunna get one unless its payed for, when you work for apple they give you a ibook to use nothing more. I dont know how he got a 14inch usualy there only 12 inch.

OP
S

sonofapplepm

The iBook was one he had picked up for himself. Since he has worked at Apple he has had a Pismo, then a 15" TiBOOK, and now he has a 15" Loaded PB. I'm not sure where you got that info, but it's not the case!

Josh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
sonofapplepm said:
The iBook was one he had picked up for himself. Since he has worked at Apple he has had a Pismo, then a 15" TiBOOK, and now he has a 15" Loaded PB. I'm not sure where you got that info, but it's not the case!

Josh

an apple sales man told me that

OP
S

sonofapplepm

Wasn't trying to be rude, maybe the salesman do get that. My dad is a bit higher than a salesman!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
sonofapplepm said:
Wasn't trying to be rude, maybe the salesman do get that. My dad is a bit higher than a salesman!

iight

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.