Rosetta Stone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey Guys!

I friend of mine got me a copy of Rosetta Stone but whenever i try to run it, it requires a different application to run it. I have no idea what application i should download. he said download Power ISO which i did and still didnt do anything. All help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Geoffrey

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hey Guys!

I friend of mine got me a copy of Rosetta Stone but whenever i try to run it, it requires a different application to run it. I have no idea what application i should download. he said download Power ISO which i did and still didnt do anything. All help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Geoffrey

Is this a full retail version of Rosetta Stone that some one paid for...or is it something you downloaded?

I would imagine if it was a full retail version of the software...that everything you would need to run it would be included.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 Inch MacBook Pro. 2.4 GHz. 2GB RAM. 250GB Hardrive.
Hmm, was your friends copy of Rosseta Stone retail or copy?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
it was a downloaded version. not a purchased one.

So does this mean it is/was a downloaded demo of the Rosetta Stone software...or an illegal copy?

From what I gathered at the Rosetta Stone website...there is no downloadable demo...you can only request a "Demo CD" be sent to you.

- Nick

OP
G
Reaction score
its a illegal copy. he mentioned somethin about downloading Power ISO because apparently it is needed so rosetta strone would run. I downloaded it for mac and nothing happened.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 Inch MacBook Pro. 2.4 GHz. 2GB RAM. 250GB Hardrive.
Well it sounds to me like something vital was lost during the duplication of your program. I really can't understand why it wouldn't work with the proper software but thats beyond me. Illegal copies are never full proof and you might be better off purchasing the a full legal version (that is of course if you run out of resources and no one else has any suggestions). Although it is expensive, the countless uses for a new language makes it worth it.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
its a illegal copy. he mentioned somethin about downloading Power ISO because apparently it is needed so rosetta strone would run. I downloaded it for mac and nothing happened.
Sorry, but this forum abides by U.S. law and there will be no help available for illegal software.

From our Community Guidelines:

Respect copyrights and the law.
Don’t discuss or conduct content theft or any other illegal activity. Period. We follow U.S. law on the forums, so just because something might be legal in your country doesn’t mean it will be allowed here. If you’re ever in doubt, contact one of the moderators before you post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.