Keyboard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, i5, SSD & 1TB, 8 GB
Can someone let me know how to change a setting on my Macbook's keyboard? The problem is that sometimes the keyboard does not recognize the first strike or tap on the keyboard. I does this quiet often. I have checked the preferences and have not found a way to deactivate this.

It is almost like the keyboard is in standby mode.

Thanks
John

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There is no setting for what you're experiencing. Does it do that for every key or just certain ones? Have you ever spilled anything on the keyboard - even a small amount of liquid?

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 Inch MacBook Pro. 2.4 GHz. 2GB RAM. 250GB Hardrive.
When you experience this is it just once and than the keyboard functions normally? Or multiple times?

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, i5, SSD & 1TB, 8 GB
When you experience this is it just once and than the keyboard functions normally? Or multiple times?

It happens once then everything functions normally. It also happens with random keys.

They keyboard has never had anything spilled on it. The keys don't fill sticky either.

Thanks
John

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.