Text recognition software?

Reaction score
I have a lot of documents that I need to scan and convert to MS Word docs do you guys know if there is software that will recognize the text on a scanned document? Thanks for your help and my apologies to the admins if this in a wrong section of the forum.
David

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork ‘09
What kind of scanner are you using? It might come with some software for doing that (or at least have it available on the product's Web site). I at least know that part of the Photosmart suite that comes with HP All-in-Ones includes such a utility.

OP
S
Reaction score
What kind of scanner are you using? It might come with some software for doing that (or at least have it available on the product's Web site). I at least know that part of the Photosmart suite that comes with HP All-in-Ones includes such a utility.

It's a Brother MFC8640N it does have software but only for the PC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
HOME: imac 24", 2.66GHZ INTEL CORE 2 DUO, 4GB ram, 640GB HD.WORK:G5 Dual 2.7 GHz, 8GB ram
Acrobat pro has it built in.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.