Battery and fan problem

Reaction score
hello im new to this forum but i neeeeed help for some reason the battery in my macbook lost like 40% of its life and this happened literally over night! with a fully charged battery i was running around 4-5 hours of life when i was taking notes in class but now im down too just under 2 hours!
I got my macbook last year at around this time and i think that this acutally might be caused by the internal fan bc its always running now as we speak it is running and all i am doing is typing this topic

anyone have any clues on why its doing this:(:(
thanks!!!!!

Reaction score
Similar situation

Hi,

I haven't been losing battery power, but my fan went on and stayed on continuously for an hour, I shut it down, then the next morning I turned it on and again the fan stayed on. I took it to my local MAC guy and he sent it in to Apple. Two days later they returned it as "not worth repairing". My macbook is 8 months old!

Right now it's at an Apple Store. They can't figure out what is wrong. I strongly suggest you take your computer to a repair shop ASAP!

ps The left side got extremely hot...

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Hi,

I haven't been losing battery power, but my fan went on and stayed on continuously for an hour, I shut it down, then the next morning I turned it on and again the fan stayed on. I took it to my local MAC guy and he sent it in to Apple. Two days later they returned it as "not worth repairing". My macbook is 8 months old!

Right now it's at an Apple Store. They can't figure out what is wrong. I strongly suggest you take your computer to a repair shop ASAP!

ps The left side got extremely hot...

I agree the op should take his machine in to the local Apple store or at least call Apple since it should be under warranty.

However, if you are in the U.S., I'd have to say whomever you took your computer to, did not send it to Apple. An 8 month old machine still under factory warranty, does not come back from Apple with a response of "not worth repairing".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.