Proble writting ona usb flash drive

Reaction score
Hello all!
i have no idea why this thing happened now as i ddint have any problems in the past.
i have a 16gb usb flash drive and i have formatted it with mac os x to ntfs so as to avoid the 4 gb limit. i was using the stick for quite sometime till yesterday
i had to connect it to a friends laptop and thenplugged it in again to my imac
tried to transfer a video file and i got this message
"the item "videofile" can not be moved because the "usb flash drive" can not be modified"
just to note that i have installed the ntfs 3g application and didnt have problems in teh past
can someone help please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
The message you got...... usually, that is due to trying to move a file out of a backup... weird!
When you added that you installed 3G, sounds like the route of all evil!
The version you have could be the problem....other than that, before proceeding with trouble shooting, if you connect it to your friend's laptop, do you get the same problem?

OP
Red_Apple
Reaction score
The message you got...... usually, that is due to trying to move a file out of a backup... weird!
When you added that you installed 3G, sounds like the route of all evil!
The version you have could be the problem....other than that, before proceeding with trouble shooting, if you connect it to your friend's laptop, do you get the same problem?

Unfortunately he is way and cant access his laptop :(
i mean what the heck!!!the usb flash drive is in read only mode........grrrrrrrrr

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
since I mentioned version..... check this out
NTFS-3G for Mac OS X: NTFS-3G 2009.4.4

I must say, that when googling I find a lot of dramas with ntfs 3g.
I hope that someone comes up with a solution for you without access to you friend's laptop to get a little more insight.

OP
Red_Apple
Reaction score
since I mentioned version..... check this out
NTFS-3G for Mac OS X: NTFS-3G 2009.4.4

I must say, that when googling I find a lot of dramas with ntfs 3g.
I hope that someone comes up with a solution for you without access to you friend's laptop to get a little more insight.

i found something/.//not the solution but something that worked..
i mean i copied al the files to my hard drive and formatted again the fisk to ntfs...and then copied the files back..with no problem!
weird?maybe!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Funny that, coz I was going to suggest restoring/reformatting the files back and seeing what happened and I thought... nah, won't make a difference!
So now, it really is acting like a backup! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.