Problem With iDisk

Reaction score
I can't click the iDisk icon in finder, if I put the cursor on it and click it doesn't select, so I can't connect to my iDisk, Anyone know how to fix it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
where is the idisk in the finder? is it an alias? have you tried clicking Go>iDisk>my idisk, or shift+command+i?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Has this happened in the past or is this the first occurence of the problem?

OP
M
Reaction score
iWhat said:
Has this happened in the past or is this the first occurence of the problem?

I noticed it awhile ago, but I figured it was just messing up because my .Mac account wasn't active, now that I have paid for it, I dont' know why it isn't working. I can't connect by going to Go > iDisk > My iDisk, but then the icon in finder still doesn't work, but I can access it by going to the desktop.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I would drag it out of the finder window and put it back in.

OP
M
Reaction score
finder.jpg

Over to the left is what I am talking about, I can't click on it

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
In Finder, in the menu bar, go to "Preferences", and uncheck the iDisk icon. Then exit out and see if that gets rid of it. Then reinsert it again.

Edit: The reason, why I'm asking to get rid of the icon first, because whenever I add an extension in Firefox, sometimes the app won't launch, I have to open finder and click on the app, and not the one in the dock. Then I'll have to replace the icon in the dock, because sometimes it won't want to launch the app.

OP
M
Reaction score
iWhat said:
In Finder, in the menu bar, go to "Preferences", and uncheck the iDisk icon. Than exit out and see if that gets rid of it. Then reinsert it again.

Sweet, that worked, now that I have paid for a year of .Mac and have iDisk working, I need to find something to do with it.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mynameis said:
Sweet, that worked, now that I have paid for a year of .Mac and have iDisk working, I need to find something to do with it.

Glad it worked.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.