A new Mini user/Windows power user

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13' Macbook Pro i5
I would best define myself as an Very experienced "PC" User,you know the kind-built an computer from newegg components,Prefers KDE,Had to try "7",that kind.

Well,my family has now Got our selfs in a (Very "cute") Pickle... Saturday we will be picking up our "long Haul" computer,an 1.66GHz,OS 10.6, Mac mini,the lack of viruses,an reliable (intuitive) environment and the fact that we could use the mini for 10 years and still be supported by apple, were drawing,It will be replacing an Rather large windows desktop,and just used for basic internet browsing and ,ha, Solitaire...lol
I Have used 10.5.6 macbooks but not for everyday use,so anything I should know how to do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5
Compared to Windows it is a bit different, but in a good way. I was a long time Windows user and just recently switched and couldn't be happier. Mac OS X, however different, is not hard to pickup on especially if you spend some time on these forums. Any specific question or problem you have along the way, you can post in the appropriate forum and someone, most probably, will have an answer. If not, there is always Apple available to contact. If all you're using it for is basic web browsing and some minor gameplay, the only difference you will notice is "Safari" instead of "Firefox" or "Explorer". Good luck and welcome to the world of Mac!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
First gen Mac Pro, Dual 2.66
The only advice I can give is to use it for a while, then form some questions. Some things you'll pick up immediately, some things will confound you. 'Anything I should know?' is extremely vague and far reaching though, so come back with specific questions and the fine people here will be able to better help you :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.