Harddrive won't slide in my Macbook anymore.

Reaction score
I've got two harddrives for my Macbook. I've succesfully switched between them multiple times.
Now all of a sudden i'm not able to get either on of them in my Macbook. They won't fit anymore.
Any advice on what I should do now? I'm desperate 'cause I need it for my work.

Btw, it ran out of warranty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
It would help to know which one you have...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Out of curiosity, why in the world would you need to swap them out multiple times?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5
I too am curious as to why you would need to swap hard drives. I'm also curious as to what you mean by "They won't fit anymore."? I don't think hard drives swell up nor MacBooks shrink.

OP
A
Reaction score
Problem solved.

There are two rubber "track guides" for providing a cushion to the HD when it's slid into the unit. One of those track guides came loose and forced its way down near the SATA connector.

So yeah, the Harddrive didn't swell after all..

Reaction score
Problem solved.

There are two rubber "track guides" for providing a cushion to the HD when it's slid into the unit. One of those track guides came loose and forced its way down near the SATA connector.

So yeah, the Harddrive didn't swell after all..

Just as a tip I've noticed that on the torx screws that go on the sled for the hd there are two with bigger heads and two with smaller. You need to make sure the smaller screws are on the end of the hd that goes in first, otherwise the bigger heads will catch on the rubber track and tear the glue off and it's a pain to fix. Just my two cents :)
Jeremy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.