Performance on Boot Camp Vs VM Fusion

Reaction score
Im getting a mac book pro soon once the new models start to roll out and i do some gaming. I am going to install winodws 7 on the mac only for gaming. I am wondering what program is best for performance, i like the features like drag and drop on vm fusion, but i am willing to give that up for better performance. Is there any program that you know of that has very good performance?

Thanks

Reaction score
For gaming, you will get better performance via Boot Camp which access the GPU natively. You'll want to be sure and get a MBP with a separate graphics adapter as well for that purpose. It will function just like a windows PC with the same hardware. Virtual machines, via Fusion, Parallels, VirtualBox or otherwise, use a "virtual," generic graphics adapter that performs like a basic integrated graphics chip.

Note that you can install Win7 in Boot Camp, and still create a VM machine from that partition to have the best of both worlds - boot into Windows when gaming, and use the VM when you are doing other stuff that doesn't require full graphics.

Cheers

OP
G
Reaction score
For gaming, you will get better performance via Boot Camp which access the GPU natively. You'll want to be sure and get a MBP with a separate graphics adapter as well for that purpose. It will function just like a windows PC with the same hardware. Virtual machines, via Fusion, Parallels, VirtualBox or otherwise, use a "virtual," generic graphics adapter that performs like a basic integrated graphics chip.

Note that you can install Win7 in Boot Camp, and still create a VM machine from that partition to have the best of both worlds - boot into Windows when gaming, and use the VM when you are doing other stuff that doesn't require full graphics.

Cheers

Ok thanks, helps alot

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.