Bluetooth Keyboard responding different

Reaction score
I got one of the new'ish bluetooth apple keyboards (the really thin ones).

Turned it on, got bluetooth working with my macbook pro and it all works fine.

Except,

When I use the following shortcut keys:

Apple + Option + (Left or Right) I get inconsistent behavior.

If I use the Apple and Option keys on the left side of the keyboard it works as designed (same as the native built in keyboard). However, if I use the Apple and Option keys on the right side it behaves differently.

Examples:
When I'm in textmate (a text editor) and I go APPLE + Option + LEFT then textmate should move me to the next page, and if I use the left side Apple and Option keys it does just that. But when I use the right side, it collapses all of my code trees and then switches me to the next page. Also, Firefox beeps before switching the pages rather than just switching pages.

I do not get this behavior with my native built in keyboard. Both sides behave identical.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Reaction score
You could go into Preferences/Keyboard&Mouse and see if that shortcut is existent, and if necessary, designate it yourself.

Regards;D

OP
C
Reaction score
You could go into Preferences/Keyboard&Mouse and see if that shortcut is existent, and if necessary, designate it yourself.

the shortcut is standard in textmate and works no problem with the built in laptop keyboard without issues. But with the bluetooth keyboard it behaves weird.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.