xcode - install a plug-in for GIMP

Reaction score
I have limited experience w/ Windows based compilers at best. Now that I've made the switch to mac I really need to figure out how to make this work!

I'm trying to install a plug-in for GIMP. I was able to obtain xcode from apple's developer site.

The particular plug-in (David's Batch Processor) has a makefile

Anyone interested in baby stepping me through my first time?

I'm a quick learner :D

Thanks!

~Sarah

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork ‘09
Where did you put the plug-in that you downloaded? Depending on where it is, you simply need to go to that location in Terminal. To do so easily, open the the folder that contains the makefile. Then open a Terminal window from the Utilities folder inside the Applications folder or using Spotlight and type in cd and a space. (This is the change directory command.) Then, with the Finder window containing the makefile open in the background, drag the tiny icon from the very top of that Finder window and drop it into the Terminal window. This will insert the location of the file; afterward, press Return. Next, type make install and press Return. According to the instructions on the plug-in's download page, the plug-in should be compiled and installed for you.

The instructions also mention that you need the GIMP development packages. If the above steps don't work, you'll probably have to track down the necessary files to make it work.

OP
C
Reaction score
thank you! that worked.

I still have to locate the developer package it seems, but I finally know how to install on a mac. I had looked and looked for a terminal window ....

anyhow YEAH!!! thanks =)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.