Macbook pro...got wet...does extended warranty still work

Reaction score
Hello,

Well this has been one heck of a week for me. I think I was hit with the bad mojo spirit or something because four unfortunate events occurred in a three day period. Of my latest misfortune is my water spilling inside my crumpler bag onto my spanking new macbook pro, which had a incase see through sleeve. This happened while driving so I did my best to get the mac out. Once I did, I saw that the water got trapped inside the sleeve. Long story short, I did my best. Everything worked, when turned on, except the battery would not charge.

I know that apple installed new sensors on all macs to avoid necessary charges. I took my mac to an authorized dealer and hopefully not pay an arm and a leg to repair it. My question is, after the mac is working again, I sure hope so, does the extended warranty I brought still apply? Or is all warranty voided and now I have extended warranty that does not count.

John

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
OP
D
Reaction score
I am not expecting warranty repair. I just want to know after it is repaired, out of pocket, will the extended warranty work in the future.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
That would be a question you'll need to ask Apple.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.