Wireless not working

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to using mac. I have a macbook pro OS X version 10.5.8.
I can connect to internet with a cable, but not through wireless. All the other computers using this router work fine! I have absolutely no clue what to do about it. Help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook black, Intel C2D 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 320GB WD Scorpio HD
Your Airport may be turned off. If it is, you can turn it on by clicking the Airport icon on the menu bar and select 'Turn Airpot On'. Hope this helps.

OP
K
Reaction score
no, my airport is on, there's even that little tick next to my wireless connection. It joins it, but then in Network Preferences it says it's not connected.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
have you tried the Assist Me tab at the bottom of the network preferences box?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If it still under warranty, why not try calling Apple Support. I have called them several times and they have been very helpful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
If it still under warranty, why not try calling Apple Support. I have called them several times and they have been very helpful.

Agreed... but, if it isn't resolved with "assist me" tab, I'd call internet provider before calling apple, to see if they can assist you.

OP
K
Reaction score
I've tried all that before and nothing helped. I can't call Apple Support because I don't live in the States or Canada. Assist me didn't help either, and the service provider opted to send a technician on Monday.
However, it just absolutely randomly started working right now! I'm afraid it'll go off again any minute. I'm still wondering what could have caused this:/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've tried all that before and nothing helped. I can't call Apple Support because I don't live in the States or Canada. Assist me didn't help either, and the service provider opted to send a technician on Monday.
However, it just absolutely randomly started working right now! I'm afraid it'll go off again any minute. I'm still wondering what could have caused this:/

If it's working now that's what matters.... as for Apple support, if you go to the bottom of apple home page and select region, it should give a number to call in your region for support.

As for your network setup.... you should write down your configuration settings in your network preferences for airport, so if you have the problem again, you can configure it manually.

Reaction score
I have seen this behaviour with my MAC when I was running Leopard 10.5.8, there was nothing wrong on my wireless adapter on MAC but my home router was playing up I had to reboot that a couple of time and it is working fine now. The was a problem with the power and keep disconnecting my wireless

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

I live in New Zealand and I can call toll free Apple Support. In my experience, the techie who answers on the other line could either be in the US, Australia or the Philippines.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.