Has any tried applesaucepolish to remove scratches??

Reaction score
Hi,

My girlfriend's iPod has quite a few scratches on the front (including the screen).

Based on the search, it seems like icleaner, and brasso are very popular. I may try the brasso tonight, but a little cautious because it's intended for metal.

Anyway, has anyone tried AppleSaucePolish? Their link is as follows

http://www.applesaucepolish.com/

Just curious if it's any good....

VakeJ

OP
V
Reaction score
Thanks for the link!

I've read several threads on the Brasso metal polish. It seems to work for the majority of folks who've used it. I tried it and it "sorta kinda" worked for me. I actually used it on half of the LCD screen for a quick test. When I held it to the light, the Brasso side actually appeared some what hazy.

Today I tried iCleaner stuff, and it's awesome! It's expensive for those little bottles, but it works VERY well. The front (including LCD screen) look brand new. The back...well it looks better, but I can see a few deep marks. Good Stuff :cool:

VJ

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I thought that Brasso didn't work for me for awhile, but I just used it wrong. Well, if you ever do decide to use Brasso again, don't let Brasso dry, keep the object moist with Brasso, and keep rubbing for about 5 minutes.

S

section31

I had read a lot of forums and did some searches on Google after deciding to try and remove the scratches from my 3rd gen iPod. I had some light scratches and quite a few scuff marks due to the case I was using.

I decided to go the Brasso route since it was 2 dollars and change at the local Wal-Mart. I was incredibly surprised with the results. I used 1 coat and didn't let the Brasso dry and got so-so results. I tried another coat and rubbed it in lightly and let it dry (per the directions on the bottle). After 5 minutes I buffed it off and noticed that a lot more of the scratches and scuffs were gone. I used one more coat and I can honestly say that the iPod looks almost like the day I bought it. I say give it a try, it's only a couple bucks and change before trying some of the more expensive products available online.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.