Google Not letting me search

Reaction score
Well tonight all of a sudden I can not get onto google. I have tried it in both firefox and safari and cleared all the data. I also have restarted. Each time I try to go to it it comes up a page saying connection interrupted. Do you think something is stopping it from going there? Any help would be thanked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Google, like everything else on the 'net does suffer some intermittent problems but all seems swell at the moment. As a suggestion, if you are using Safari, Firefox etc download the appropriate 'Inquisitor' which enables you to set up different search engines and see if that brings any joy:-

Inquisitor. Instant web search for Safari.

OP
B
Reaction score
Well only my mac is doing it. If i shut down and restart it will work for about 10 minutes than stop. Or if I disable the internet and re enable it will work for 10 minutes.

OP
B
Reaction score
Now I am getting knocked off ichat and aol either one I try and after I get kicked off I can not get back on until I restart. Do I have a virus? When I could not get on google I tried going directly to the ip address and it went threw than when I tried searching it did it again. Please I really need help.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Downloaded any video player programs from less than reputable sites lately? Any pirated software?

There are a couple of DNS trojans that could have this kind of effect.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.