Internet Sharing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 08 Macbook (Aluminum)
Okay, I have cable road runner internet, which goes through a TW modem to an Airport extreme router, which is in another room. I have my iMac in my room, along with a PC. What I am trying to do, unsuccessfully at that, is share the internet between the iMac, which is getting internet wirelessly, and the PC which I am trying to share via a cat5 wire. I have accomplished this before but cannot figure out how to do it again. Ive done some searching and cant find much. The PC is recognizing that there is an LAN connection (coming form the iMac) but it wont get past limited connectivity...i.e. not enough to connect to the internet.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong this time?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
Ah, "Limited Connectivity". That's a horrible Windows problem!

I suggest (if one doesn't work use next option):

1. Turn internet on Windows machine on/off.
2. Reboot windows machine.
3. Unplug and re-plug router from power outlet.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
blah. after ****ing with so many wires one **** insignificant wire came out and messed it all up.

thanks for your responce

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
the 2 hours to fix my 2 problems were worth the 9 million i woulda been charged elsewhere. lets just hope my iMac stays alive...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.