Illustrator CS4

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Um well yeah today I bought Illustrator, and well yeah I haven't yet had the chance to really get into it, but was wondering a few things about it. I'm really use to photoshop for all my digital needs, but now since I want to start producing t shirts, my printing shop needs illustrator files rather than photoshop. And for them to reproduce my graphics well it would take them forever I guess. So im wondering how much harder it is than photoshop and should i adapt quickly to it? Also I just wanted to know if there are any good sites out there than can show guidance to illustrator.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
They are two different programs completely. One is vector based and the other is pixel based.

I would have to see some of your artwork to know what exactly you will need help with.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.53, 4gigs RAM, 250hd
It's really different to learn illustrator coming from photoshop.

I recommend buying the Classroom in a book for Illustrator.

I'm taking a graphics class that forced us to go through all the lessons (took about a week). Even though i have years of experience using illustrator, this book was immensity informative. They teach you how to use the program the way it was meant to be used. It's very simple and worth every penny.

OP
GinoLicious
Reaction score
I had originally designed some bomb logo's for the clothing company I wanted to put out, but they were all done through photoshop. So now I'm kinda starting from scratch and going to start basic I guess. Just some font and design for the font just to be placed on a t shirt. Right now i'm going to try and add grudge to it. But what I would really like to do is my name kinda like how tap out does theirs. I guess that is Ornate font isnt it?

Also im guessing that I cannot design things in photoshop then important them into illustrator?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I had originally designed some bomb logo's for the clothing company I wanted to put out, but they were all done through photoshop. So now I'm kinda starting from scratch and going to start basic I guess. Just some font and design for the font just to be placed on a t shirt. Right now i'm going to try and add grudge to it. But what I would really like to do is my name kinda like how tap out does theirs. I guess that is Ornate font isnt it?

Also im guessing that I cannot design things in photoshop then [import] them into illustrator?

You can actually put the artwork will still be pixels and not a vector graphic.

Reaction score
illustrator is really pen tool heavy. once you get that little gadget down, illustrator will be a lot easier to handle!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.