Stopping a Download?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
If I start a download, then change my mind, how do I cancel it? I tried closing Downloads but the download just keep running in the background. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
What browser or application are you using for downloading?

T

todd51

If you are downloading in Safari, a little "X" should appear on the right side (maybe left, I can't remember for sure) of the progess bar. Click that and it should stop the download.

OP
VegasGeorge
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
I am using Safari for my browser. I'm so dumb I didn't even realize that it's my browser controlling my download. I thought it was a function of the OS.

Great! I just started a download and saw (for the first time) that little "x" on the right side of the download progress bar. I clicked on it, and the download stopped.

Thanks Todd51, I owe you one!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I didn't even realize that it's my browser controlling my download. I thought it was a function of the OS.

Ah, but you did realize it! You started your topic in "OSX - Applications and Games" rather than in "OSX - Operating System". :)

There's no shame in a brain-freeze. It happens to all of us. :Lips-Are-Sealed:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.