• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

The rumors are out on the new specs for the Powermac, iMac, and eMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 17", 1.8 Ghz, 1GB RAM
NOOOO!!!!!! My iMac G5 will now be outdated!!! Is there a way to upgrade my videocard?

Reaction score
Nope.. Unfortunatly, the videocard in the iMac isnt actually a card. It's onboard. Meaning its soldered onto the mother board.

Z

zakatov

shaun89 said:
Nope.. Unfortunatly, the videocard in the iMac isnt actually a card. It's onboard. Meaning its soldered onto the mother board.

And that is why no matter how good of a value the iMac is/will be, I will spend more $$ on the PM so I wouldn't be locked into something that can be upgraded on any other computer in 10 minutes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
For the price I paid for my iMac and the footprint it takes up.. Ill just buy another when it comes to that time :)

M

menace3054

i am glad to hear that the powermac upgrades arent that significant... i just got mine 3 weeks ago, i was worried they were going to like start at 2.5 and go up to 3.5 or something. oh well

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.58 - 60 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive - 1 GB PC3200 & 1.33 Ghz 12" iBook w/ 80 GB 7200 RPM HD
I've tried to tell peeps for ages now that they would continue the eMac line...the mini doesn't replace it...there's no built-in monitor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
does anyone else think that the 64mb radeon 9600 thats going into the new emac will probably go into an updated ibook? :miner:

OP
M
Reaction score
BigBear said:
does anyone else think that the 64mb radeon 9600 thats going into the new emac will probably go into an updated ibook? :miner:

I hope it does, it would be nice if all of their computers could support Core Image.

J

Jefe3223

xthisisRomancex said:
weird..i thought the eMac line was over
I thought it had started to fade out as well. It seems like, lately, there have been a few more emac users joining us here. I'm glad to see it's still popular. I think they (apple) sell the imac so hard, that people forget about the emac. More power to those who buy it, and i hope they enjoy it.

X

xthisisRomancex

mcsenerd said:
I've tried to tell peeps for ages now that they would continue the eMac line...the mini doesn't replace it...there's no built-in monitor.
i knew the mini wasnt gonna replace the eMac.. It just seems that the better choice would be the imac if u are looking for an all-in-one

Reaction score
.... Cool!

... This would mean that the current iMac G5's will go down in price???

Correct??

Ill probably buy a used one.... I was thinking of getting a new powermac but maybe just a used iMac and new Powerbook, that'd be cool.

... For all I do anyway I doubt it would make a big difference.

I'd be mainly using Macromedia Director MX
Flash MX
Photoshop

Surfing the net

Microsoft office.

Who will benefit most from these new upgrades? :headphone

M

Morrigan

I think Apple would be silly NOT to upgrade ALL systems to support all features of Tiger - Core Image included.
It's likely the iBook will get an upgraded video card, but then again there are factors that I don't know about, like would cooling be a probblem on a more powerful graphics card?

OP
M
Reaction score
iRock said:
.... Cool!

... This would mean that the current iMac G5's will go down in price???

Correct??

They'll probably stop selling the current ones, they will probably put them on sale to get rid of what they have in inventory.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)
This is great news for me!!!

My family was goingt o get a new computer this week but then i found out that tiger was coming out so we decided to hold off. I know these are just rumors but it would be great if it comes out to be true. The bottom of the line iMac would be more then enough for my family.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
Found this post just in time!!! I was going to pick up a new iMac tomorrow... I figured Tiger wasn't quite worth the wait... But I'm gonna wait for sure now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.