Itunes causing Grey Screen of Death

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4, 4GB RAM, 320GB HD @7200// iBook G3 300MHZ!, 512MB RAM!, 40GB HD!
Ever since the last update, almost everytime I quit itunes my computer greyscreens. This happens both when I'm using my mbox for audio and when I'm not. I figured at first that snow leopard didn't like the mbox standalone core audio drivers but it seems the problem can happen at any time. Also when I shut down my computer within a minute or two of closing iTunes I experience a greyscreen.

This is really freaking aggravating as I had greyscreen problems in leopard, and I did a fresh install of Snow Leopard hoping to get away from them. As far as I remember the problem did not happen (or at least not as often) until I updated iTunes. I've delt with it for a while now, but I'm finally getting fed up enough to consider a fresh reformat and using Songbird instead of iTunes (I swear with all the greyscreens and freezing that iTunes has some kind of personal vendetta against me)

rant

In general I hate iTunes and consider it even above windows media player in general mediocrity. I miss Winamp from my windows days of the distant past.

/rant

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
I would try uninstalling iTunes completly and redownloading.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.