Monitor Compatibility

Reaction score
Is it possible to connect the new 24" to a Dual 2.5GHz PowerPC G5? I saw on the Apple site that it isn't compatible and the Mini DisplayPort to VGA adapter requires a computer with the port. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Is it possible to connect the new 24" to a Dual 2.5GHz PowerPC G5? I saw on the Apple site that it isn't compatible and the Mini DisplayPort to VGA adapter requires a computer with the port. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

It would seem that the new 24" LED display is primarily for laptops, or the newest desktops with a "mini display port".

Even this adapter does not look like it will work with a G5 (a male-female connector issue):

Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter - Apple Store (U.S.)

I know that this is off the topic...but do you really want to spend $899 on a 24" monitor...when you can get something similar (non-LED) for $200?

Just trying to help,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
Nick, that connector you've linked + a normal DVI monitor (Male>Male) cable would work fine I'd say...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.